"come live in my heart- I charge no rent"

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Night Out with the Girls

Nothing cheers up someone's bad mood as a Monthly get together with the girls. I miss all of these girls so much. I used to work with them and we all became best friends but since then only one of these girls still work at that horrible place of employment. We decided to eat at Joy Luck and it was very delicious. Time flew by, and before I knew it we had been there eating, talking, and enjoying each other's company for over 2 hours!

The saddest part of the whole dinner get together was that I found out about a friend who was supposedly a really good friend of mine has been acting extremely fake to me, and even turned on me, backstabbing me without me even knowing it. I'm amazed at how well some people can pull off lying and backstabbing. The one thing I learned from tonight is that you need to trust your instincts, and if something looks like a duck and quacks like a duck, then it is in fact a duck. I don't plan to confront her about it because her backstabbing is in the past, I've grown up and have gotten over what she has done to me, but that does not mean that her friendship to me is still valid. I've had my share of "fake" friends as I'm sure we all have and I've learned that if you keep them around for too long you're just giving them the opportunity to do it to you again. So adios lady. I wish you all the karma and life lessons that are due to you :)

All in all I had an amazing night though. I've missed my girls so much and look forward to the next time we get to gather for our monthly dinner dates :)

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the sweet comment about staying in touch with friends!!

    ps. cute pic of you with your girls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, trusting your instincts is always a good thing

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girls nights are always good medicine for a bad day, aren't they? I'm glad you had your girls night dose!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey thanks for stopping by my blog! So happy that you are a follower! Speaking of girls night out, I could seriously use one of those ASAP!

    ReplyDelete